MACCC’s toddler classroom is licensed for up to 14 toddlers, cared for by two teaching staff. Staff maintain a staff:child ratio of 1:7.
5:45-8:15 Arrival and Free Play
9:00-9:30 Free Play
9:30-10:00 Diaper Changes and Potty Training
10:00-10:30 Outside Play
10:30-10:45 Circle Time
10:45-11:30 Teacher-Directed Activities and Crafts
12:15-12:45 Diaper Changes and Potty Training
12:45-3:00 Nap Time and Quiet Play
3:30-4:30 Diaper Changes, Potty Training, and Free Play
4:30-6:00 Outside Play and Departure
- Space for quiet activities
- Age-appropriate books
- Arts and crafts supplies (clay/play-dough, tempera/finger paints, colored/white paper, paste, collage materials, paint brushes, washable felt-type markers, crayons, blunt scissors, smocks)
- Small/large building blocks
- Dramatic play equipment and accessories
- Indoor/outdoor large muscle equipment
- Music-/noise-making toys and instruments
- Washable toys
- Sensory and science stimulation materials
- Sensory table
Nutritious and appetizing breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks that meet USDA requirements are provided to all children. Menus are posted in each room. Drinking water is provided for the child at anytime during the hours of operation.
Outdoor play is a special part of the child’s day at MACCC. Fresh air and exercise are important to the total health of your child and to our curriculum. We have our own playground and we go outside every day.
- Toddlers will go outside if it is 10 degrees in temperature or wind chill. Children well enough to be MACCC are well enough to go outdoors.
You are asked to make sure your child is dressed for the weather conditions and has appropriate outdoor attire. Failure to do so will result in a telephone call requiring you to bring in the items needed for the day.
What to Bring
- Disposable diapers or Pull ups
- Diaper rash ointment if needed
- Baby wipes marked with child’s name
- Sunscreen (during summer season)
- Extra set of clothing
- Winter-weather clothing (during winter season)