MACCC’s school-age classroom is licensed for up to 30 children, cared for by two teaching staff. Staff maintain a staff:child ratio of 1:15.
The summer program consists of daily planned activities, socialization time, and many field trips. The school-age program provides opportunities for children to explore friendships, conduct experiments, learn to make healthy snacks, and use their creativity.
School-age care is available on all non-school days throughout the school year as well as weather-related late-start and early dismissal days. School-age care during the school year is provided in the preschool classroom and is limited to available space.
7:15-8:00 Independent computer time/free play
8:00-9:30 Breakfast and independent center choice
9:30-10:30 Teacher-directed lesson/circle time and project
10:30-11:45 Outside play/walk to park
12:30-1:30 Independent recess/outdoor play
1:30-2:00 Teacher-directed read aloud
2:00-3:00 Teacher-directed quiet/sensory activity
3:45-4:30 Teacher-directed game time
4:30-6:00 Independent outside play and departure
- Bulletin board display space at child’s eye level
- Space for quiet activity
- Arts and crafts supplies (clay/play-dough, tempera/finger paints, colored/white paper, paste, collage materials, paint brushes, washable felt-type markers, crayons, blunt scissors, smocks)
- Age-appropriate books
- Large/small building blocks
- Dramatic play equipment, materials, and accessories
- Indoor/outdoor large muscle equipment
- Music player, music-/noise-making toys and instruments
- Age-appropriate puzzles and games
- Manipulative equipment such as interlocking plastic forms
- Pictures, mobiles, and other items for pleasant environment/sensory stimulation
- Sensory and science materials
- Sensory table
What to Bring
- Water bottle with name
- Change of clothes
- Swim suit with towel
- Tennis shoes
- Library card
Nutritious and appetizing breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks that meet USDA requirements are provided to all children. Menus are posted in each room. Drinking water is provided for the child at anytime during the hours of operation.
Outdoor play is a special part of the child’s day at MACCC. Fresh air and exercise are important to the total health of your child and to our curriculum. We have our own playground and we go outside every day.
You are asked to make sure your child is dressed for the weather conditions and has appropriate outdoor attire. Failure to do so will result in a phone call requiring you to bring in the items needed for the day.