MACCC’s preschool classroom is licensed for up to 20 preschoolers infants, cared for by two teaching staff. Staff maintain a staff:child ratio of 1:10.
5:45-8:15 Arrival and Free Play
9:00-9:30 Center Choice and Free Play
9:30-10:15 Outside Play
10:15-11:30 Circle Time, Teacher-Directed Centers, Arts and Crafts, and Music
12:15-1:00 Teacher-Directed Centers or Outside Play
1:00-3:00 Nap or Quiet Time
3:45-4:15 Center Choice
4:15-6:00 Outside Play and Departure
- Bulletin board display space at child’s eye level
- Space equipped quiet activity
- Arts and crafts supplies (clay/play-dough, tempera/finger paints, colored/white paper, paste, collage materials, paint brushes, washable felt-type markers, crayons, blunt scissors, smocks)
- Age-appropriate books
- Large/small building blocks
- Dramatic play equipment, materials, and accessories
- Indoor/outdoor large muscle equipment
- Music-/noise-making toys and instruments
- Age-appropriate puzzles and games
- Manipulative equipment such as interlocking plastic forms
- Pictures, mobiles, and other items for pleasant environment/sensory stimulation
- Sensory and science materials
- Sensory table
Nutritious and appetizing breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snacks that meet USDA requirements are provided to all children. Menus are posted in each room. Drinking water is provided for the child at anytime during the hours of operation.
Outdoor play is a special part of the child’s day at MACCC. Fresh air and exercise are important to the total health of your child and to our curriculum. We have our own playground and we go outside every day.
- Preschool children go out every day that the temperature or wind-chill is zero or above and there is no rain or sleet.
You are asked to make sure your child is dressed for the weather conditions and has appropriate outdoor attire. Failure to do so will result in a telephone call requiring you to bring in the items needed for the day.
What to Bring
- Disposable diapers or Pull ups
- Diaper rash ointment if needed
- Baby wipes marked with your child’s name
- Sunscreen (during summer season)
- Nap time blanket
- Extra set of clothing
- Winter-weather clothing (during winter season)